Website security protection implies that measures are taken to properly secure your website from hackers’ attacks. They are various malware – spyware, virus, worms, trojans – or they are scams, phishing and application errors. They can come to you through different avenues, the most used is the email.
Firstly, you should ensure that when you type in your website address it starts with “https” and not “http” The addition of “s” is crucial to your website security. The data which passes to and from your website is secure through the protocol that encrypts it. Thus the appearance of “https” Secondly, watch the left part of your web address at the top. If your browser shows the ‘lock’ icon, then your browser prevents eavesdropping. Your communication will not be intercepted when data is sent towards the web server and vice versa. But can you do something to protect your online presence?
Website security protection improvement ways
- Keep your passwords strong whether you access your website or computer with. Business information worth protecting. Strong passwords mean they are long enough – minimum 12 characters. They are sufficiently complex, they are not made up from common things, words, names. For example containing ‘pass’ ‘password’ your name, your date birth, pet or child name
- Update your web site software frequently. Your host service provider can take care of it. Usually you receive notifications when the web applications get the latest updates. And thus you receive enhanced website security protection.
- Educate yourself about what email to “touch.” Open only emails from known parties. If something looks unusual contact the other party, if you know the entity, over the phone or in person. Otherwise, ignore the email altogether. Know when you expect an email from a new vendor, or a new customer and ask details about their web or email submission procedure. Generally, how their name appears in the “senders” box.
- Avoid connecting to public networks, especially if they are free of charge.
- Any time you get new software, applications or websites immediately change the default passwords. Passwords that you set are your footprint and thus harder to crack.
There are many dangers over the internet. Therefore, website security protection is a process that takes place continuously. It’s a crucial part of managing your websites and specialists at iQWeb are ready to assist.